Monday, November 14, 2005

Of Mice and Rain

Damn blogspot and its inability to accept japanese charaters.
How do they do it at the J-list blog?
My friend, Mamajaja, wrote the most beautiful haiku. Haikus, if you may not know, is a form of Japanese poetry. Haiku is one of the most important form of traditional japanese poetry. Haiku is, today, a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables.
Mama is in Japan at the moment. Some place near Osaka. I be jealous. But english haikus are a bit odd.
She shared one that had me rolling on the floor.
I have to figure out how to get the kanji out. But for now, us peons must make do with romanji.
Numa de shine.
Nuno ni tsutsunda
Nurenezumi.

Direct translation: Go die in the Swamp, wrapped in a cloth drowned rat.

Im still giggling. Plus her wonderful comments about 'dear john' letters.

I love her and miss her too much. I shall prod on with my work.

Work on the haikus mama, i think you may get work as a comic relief writer some day.

Poor poor grumpy Yuki-kun. Gimme a picture mama.

No comments: