Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ode to my Mama and Starbucks

I was shocked when I heard Mama Jaja aka Erica (one of my best buds) has not stepped into a Starbucks since her arrival in Japan.
Note: Mama Jaja is a cig and coffee addict. Be nice to her before she has any one of those two, especially in the mornings. I have fuzzy memories of her not having a cig in her hand/mouth/ashtray.
The reason? In the little town she's in (I presume its little, she says its somewhere between Osaka and Kobe), there is ONE starbucks. Hey, I wouldn't be bitching, the nearest Starbucks of mine is at least a nine hour drive away. Same for Ikea. But, I digress on this.
And it is Erica who says that a Starbucks is a sign of civilization. Scandanivian doesn't count cos "it prides itself on not being Americanized".
But reasons for her choice are good. Despite Starbucks being nearby, she chooses local coffee shops.
I'm like, awesome, support local businesses.
No... I should have know better.
She can smoke inside. (",) Excellent Mama.
My Mama never changes, and for that I adore her. Have a great time in Japan and knock thm dead. PS: Nutella on the way. Sent it yesterday.
But since we are on the topic of Starbucks.
I came upon another interesting site.

Want your very own personalized poem?
Want it now?
Want it written in the cheesiest way possible?
Want your female bits described as 'grapes', 'petals' and being constantly compared to orchids?
Want to 'embark on a journey of abstract enlightenment'?
Well, to quote the fellow...
Pose On Webcam for me.Create you into a sexual Goddess.Poems
I compose for & about you.Place on my website. Lets simply chat online and i
shall do you free poems on the spot. Even put the poems i write for you in a
poetry book.Show your friends how myself veiws you in a poetic way. 07915382492
Issac Peter. I am a teacher of Poetry. English. Philosophy. Attitude.
Motivation. Confidence. Weight Loss. Creative Writing. Learn about Jesus Christ
the Philosopher. I shall teach you to project yourself. Providing either an
evening or day out in my presence on a platonic basis! Chat with me on
stimulating subjects. I provide advice on various health matters. Emotional and
Psychological. Come to me and have yourself taught in the beautiful art of
correct communication and pronunciation of English words. Learn the only true
way of conversing with your friends and those strangers you come across in your
everyday life! Learn to put your feelings into poems to show your friends and
stimulate your own mind. Learn my technique on the motivation you require to
reach your goals. Be the correct weight which is healthy for your mind and
heart. Learn to act and behave with others as Jesus Christ the Philosopher
interacted with those of his day in a philosophical way. Learn about the
teachings of the bible
. Reasonable hourly rates for teaching 1 person or more! A
Romantic or Stimulating evening or day while in my presence as a Gentleman and a
Poet! Evening rates £90. Day or weekend £150. A distance charge shall be added.
Maybe you would like a poem or more to about you for a change! You have a loved
one who would love words of your heart written to them in the form of my poetry
and expression of your heart. Maybe a work-mate of just a neighbour you are
unable to express yourself. Commission me to put your feelings into poetic poems
or just a long prose. Have your business establishment created into poetry to
encourage a educated breed of cliental! Give your loyal members complimentary
poetry to demonstrate your appreciation for their loyalty. A family baptism or
christening is forthcoming, you can commission poems for that special day. You
have a birthday or wedding or an engagement party arriving. Order poems for that
unique time. A loved one has recently departed from your heart. Commission me to
write a series of poems as your personal tribute dedicated to them! You book me
to go to the loved one of your heart and present a spoken poem to them
personally. Maybe you met someone recently on holiday and you would like to send
them some well-selected meaningful words to express your joyous time while you
spent in their company. Maybe you have a elderly relative in hospital. Book me
to go sit with them and chat stimulating words of poetry and companionship.
Whatever are your requirements that are not listed above. Present them to me. I
maybe able to accommodate you. Main Poetry Subjects Are, Abstract. Gothic.
Romance. Euphoria. Melancholy. Erotic. Philosophical. Controversial. Chose Any
Subject I Compose A Poem About It! issacthepoet yahoo screen name
Well. Pay for a poem for ya I say. Please, please, please, I no want for my birthday. But why him? Cos he writes about the 'maidens of Starbucks'.
Too funny. I like the whole erotic poetry plus religious teachings in one. Is that nothing this guy can not do? And when anyone of you have a baby, I shall have one written for the christaining.
Don't forget to check out the Yahoo babes section.

No comments: