Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Small Rant

Its been raining, a lot. It's times like this I wonder why people in certain western countries complain about the rain. I know, it must be bad, but wait til you experience a hard ass south east asian monson storm. It's like God and his minions throwing BUCKETS and BUCKETS of water straight onto you.

It's terrible to drive in.

Trust me on that. But I decided to share the picture I took outside my bro's school, just before it rained.

And it's 3 more days til I see my Mamajaja.

And I finally had my first shouting match with my mother since I came back.

Joy.

I was thinking a lot today. Why do I smoke?
When i was younger, I hated smoke. In a way, I still do. I hate the smell that lingers on your clothes, hands and breath.
It's rancid and puke-worthy. But, what is it about the nicotine that makes me happy?

It's calming. I get angry and with one magical drag... *poof* I'm easier to deal with. That's what kept me from physically hurting my ex-housemate all year long.

But, there is something sensual about the cigerette as well.

The swirls of smoke, the tendrils that curl in the air before disappearing, it is, for lack of a better word, pretty.

Annabelle Chong couldn't have said it better.

Not an exact quote but she went along the lines of good christain girls don't smoke, don't drink and don't have sex.

*shrugs*

Ummm... It's kinda hard to live up to. It's hard to live up to a religion that wants you to abstain from almost everything fun. Don't get me wrong, I love God, in my own way. But, the human element, gets me down.

And how can I obey a pope that looks like the devil himself?

Wait, I take that back. The devil must be prettier. He has to entice and tempt. Hell, no one gonna be enticed by someone looking like that. Fuck, no.

Well, off to Malaysia tomorrow. Will take more pictures then. Su! Milla! I need shopping buddies! *sobs* Why you two are so far away?

"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day and assume they deserve it." - Dogbert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice picture! wifie impressed! ;-)