Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Photos for Phil!

To Phil,
the guy on the other side of the world who cheers me up with his awesome photos of people and places around France,
I have some photos of places in Singapore and Adelaide for you here. The Adelaide photos of are not my work. I cannot take photographs. I am, I assure you, one of the world's worst photographers. But I try! I know I have posted some up before, but, I like them. SO THERE!
Well, enjoy!
The River Torrens

More food, crispy chicken...

And the everbeloved MRT!!!



My Grandmama, the feisty 91 (92?) year old still can cook. She makes the BEST Nasi Ulam... And sambal belchan!

Well, I guess that's all for the moment. I didn't do too badly I think. Cheers to Milla for Adelaide photographs. I think you don't appreiate what you have til you don't. Like my Grandma, she cries everytime she sees me now, and I remember her running after me with a cane to whack me for playing with her makeup. I used it for 'masak masak'.

This a basically pretend cooking. You have tiny saucepans and pots and you cook for the faries and brownies that live at the bottom of the garden. Too much Enid Blyton as a child. Her perfume became soup, the lipstick was fish(which is ironic cos lipsticks actually do contain fish) and her eyeshadow was seasonings. I remember using the blue one for pepper. How times change and people grow.

Well, to Phil and my Grandma, may you both have many years of health and happiness to come!

PS Milla and Su, my beloved wives, I miss you both very very very very very much... I cry and weep with sorrow at our cruel parting...

1 comment:

la galerie photos de Phil said...

Thanks for the photos it's very nice i 'll try to put them in my blog.