Monday, January 22, 2007

Work And What Not To Name A Child

Hello everyone.

Work has been consuming my life. Ah, the pain. So the updates will be slower now. So much slower.

I am working 2 jobs so I can soon (hopefully next month, *cross fingers*) afford the downpayment for a car. I'm looking at the Nissan March or Suzuki Swift. If its a March, its NOT gonna be a faggotly blue. If it's a swift, NO YELLOW.

But do I really want a seven year loan? Shall think a bit more.

WOrk, work, work.

I wish sometimes I was unemployed so that I could sleep in everyday. And when I wake up, people are having their lunch breaks. *evil laughter*

I have to clean up my room. I have to clean the house, I have to bathe the dogs. I have so much to do, yet no energy to do it.

So yes, work.

Has anyone noticed that parents in Singapore give their kids the weridest names????? Here is a top ten list of what not to name your precious bundle of overpriced bankrupting 'joy'.

  1. Dewey
  2. Giselle
  3. Kliona
  4. Zola
  5. Kyrisha
  6. Slanue
  7. Lyniute
  8. LaKyshian
  9. Aapplee (not a typo, sadly enuff)
  10. Baron

I am not kidding on ANY of these names. Giselle is probably the most normal, if not the most depressing.

And try pronouncing Slanue in a class and not laugh out loud. And, Aapplee is pronounced 'Apple' apparently. In which language? *sigh* Parents, sometimes...

Try pronouncing it, full stop.

So people, Aunty Fern's lesson of the day is, DON'T TORTURE YOUR CHILD.

Give her/him a name which will not cause him too much pain or embaressment. Wedgies in the playground are not pleasant what-so-ever.

No comments: